Thursday, May 12, 2016

Classmate Comment 2: Trump Protesters

I chose to make my second classmate comment on Adrian Dominguez's blog again. This blog is about the actions of Donald Trump's protesters at his campaign rallies. He speaks on the fact that people who are anti-Trump can't act like vigilantes and hooligans while protesting his campaign. First, I believe that with how Trump's personality is, these violent protests are adding more and more fuel to his "anti-liberal" fire. However, on the other side of things, if we don't act out like this in protest, how will we get the media, who feeds off of terror and violence, to pay attention to us? As much as I would love to say that Trump's protesters would still get coverage without having to resort to violence or "mocking the authority", but I don't think that that is the case. I wholeheartedly agree with Adrian as I also believe that Donald Trump as president would set this country back at least 200 years. His beliefs are crazy, and potentially toxic to the American people and their belief systems. If he were elected president, the whole country would start to adopt his views and we'd be no better off than in the late 1700's where the only people who had rights were white, land-owning males. I'm not sure why Trump's supporters think this is a good thing. We have all seen on the news by now how his supporters verbally abuse people at his campaigns that don't adhere to his views. As much as I would love to get more attention to his protesters and how they are they are the sane ones, but how can we do that when all the media cares about is violence?

No comments:

Post a Comment