Thursday, May 12, 2016

Classmate Comment: Hillary Clinton for Prez?

As I was reading through fellow classmates' blog posts, I came across this one written by Adrian Dominguez. His article is his personal opinion as to why he believes Hillary Clinton should be elected President of the United States. He states in this article that he doesn't know much about politics, but I feel the points he made helped me better understand why Hillary Clinton would be a good fit for the White House. "...she has seen firsthand what it’s like to be a successful president (in her husband) and what it takes to get to get the job done". This quote actually spoke volumes with me, as honestly during this presidential race I had forgotten all about Bill Clinton and that fact that he and Hillary were married. I do agree with that statement considering she has also been the Secretary of State for quite some time and definitely has more insider knowledge on how things in the White House work. Adrian also mentions Hillary's age in this article, mainly saying that Bernie Sanders is just a bit too old to be in office for the next 4-8 years. "...not too be nit picky but he is a bit old to be running." This quote actually did make me think. We've all seen presidents heavily wrinkle and grey throughout their presidencies just because of stress. This definitely concerns me when it comes to Sanders' health, just like it did when McCain was running. Overall, I definitely found Adrian Dominguez's blog post very interesting and it will keep me evaluating who I decide to vote for in the upcoming election.

No comments:

Post a Comment